New This Year
- We are using a different submission system this year. To submit a proposal or abstract, you must be an SCS member in good standing (dues paid for 2013) and create an account in the new submission system.
- All submissions will be reviewed at a single meeting of the Program Committee on June 21-22, 2013, and members will receive the Committee’s decisions in early July. The deadline for all submissions except individual abstracts will be April 12, 2013. The deadline for submission of individual abstracts will be May 1, 2013. Note that the deadline for most submissions is considerably later than usual, but that the individual abstract deadline is a few weeks earlier than usual.
- Authors of individual abstracts are being asked to provide more information about their submissions to assist the Program Committee in scheduling thematic sessions. In addition to traditional categories such as “Poetry, Greek: Tragedy” and “Religion, Roman”, you must make several selections from six menus of Additional Designations for Abstracts.
- Organizers of Affiliated Group Panels and Organizer Refereed Panels are required to submit all abstracts accepted for the panel along with the customary panel report. We are making this request to expedite the publication of abstracts accepted by these organizers on the SCS website and in the Abstract Book. This new requirement has no bearing on organizers’ discretionary responsibility for selection of abstracts.
Description and Instructions for Each Type of Submission
Click on the relevant link in the list below to find information about the type of submission you wish to make
- At-Large Panel
- Committee Panel
- Joint AIA-APA Session
- Roundtable discussion session
Report on session organized by previously chartered
For the 2015 Meeting in New Orleans