- Join the SCS: Use this online form to become a member or complete this printable PDF form and send by regular mail or FAX
- Membership Login
- Retrieve your member number
- Retrieve your user name
- Renew your membership online
- Help for members who have obtained a temporary password from Johns Hopkins Press and can't log into this web site.
- Submit address changes and other queries to the Johns Hopkins University Press
Society for Classical Studies Membership Services
Johns Hopkins University Press Journals Division
P. O. Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211-0966
Telephone (U.S. and Canada only): 800-548-1784; (other countries): 410-516-6987
The Johns Hopkins University Press (JHUP) which manages our membership database has recently upgraded the online payment mechanism it uses to collect dues. This upgrade requires users to log in to the JHUP system before entering credit card information. New members will need to create an account that they can subsequently use to gain access to resources that JHUP maintains for us such as our directory of members and issues of TAPA in Project Muse. If returning members created an account on the JHUP site in the past, they should not create a new one. The log-in page to the JHUP system contains links that returning members can use to retrieve a password or username and thus determine whether they have already created an account.
JHUP staff will be happy to help members encountering any difficulty with their accounts. Staff can be reached in the following ways:
- Telephone: 800-548-1784 (U.S. and Canada only); 410-516-6987 (other countries)
- FAX: 410-516-3866
- E-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you call JHUP and reach an answering machine, be sure to leave a message that includes a suggested time to call you back. This will enable staff to follow up with you as soon as they can.
Friends of the Classics
This is a category of membership for those who want to engage with and support the mission of the SCS but who do not require the benefits of full membership. Click on the links below for information.
It is possible to give Friends memberships as gifts. By completing this special form and sending it to Johns Hopkins Press with a $35 payment you will give a Friends membership.