The Department of Languages and Cultures at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University (CSB/SJU) is seeking enthusiastic applicants for a two-year position as a Visiting Assistant Professor of German beginning August 2020. The successful candidate will join the German program and supportive colleagues in the Chinese, Classics, French, and Japanese programs, who together constitute the Department of Languages and Cultures at CSB/SJU.
- Teach German language, culture, and literature courses as needed (3 courses in the Fall and 2 courses in the Spring).
- Develop curriculum for the German program.
- Advise students academically, on internships, and on study abroad options.
- Support extracurricular student programming.
- Collaborate with colleagues toward the continued, collective success of the Department of Languages and Cultures.
- Ph.D. or A.B.D
- Native or near-native fluency in written and spoken German and English
- Excellence or potential for excellence in teaching German language, culture, and literature
- Ability or potential to teach diverse topics in German studies from elementary German language courses to a varied range of upper division classes
- Excellence or potential for excellence in advising and student engagement
- Commitment to inclusive teaching practices and to equity, inclusion, and diversity in working with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Active research agenda
- Willingness to support extracurricular programming
- Experience with promoting experiential learning, such as study abroad and internships
- Enthusiasm for liberal arts education
To view the full posting and apply online, please visit our employment opportunities web page at http://employment.csbsju.edu.
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers.