I would like to draw your attention to the following announcement from the Association of Ancient Historians (AAH):
The deadline for the receipt of paper proposals for the AAH Annual Meeting in April 2019 at Emory University in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, has been extended until Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
The theme this year is “Connections and Receptions in the Ancient Mediterranean World.” Please submit a 300-word abstract and short bibliography of 3-5 sources reflecting the state of the question (bibliography not required for Presidential panel) to email@example.com.
All of our sessions will be held in the new Rita Anne Rollins building in the Candler School of Theology on the Emory campus. The meeting room includes smart technology for presentations. Hotel accommodation can be reserved at the Emory Conference Center Hotel (https://www.emoryconferencecenter.com/) on the edge of campus.
Papers are welcome on the following topics:
- Alexander’s Afterlife: Texts and Images
- Freedom, Slavery, and Citizenship in the Ancient Mediterranean World
- Egypt in Late Antiquity: Law and Religion
- Health and Healing in the Ancient Mediterranean World
- Continuity and Change in Ancient Mediterranean Religions
- Monument and Memory: creation and erasure of the past
- African American reception of ancient Mediterranean history and traditions
- Who Owns Antiquity? Issues in the Collection, Display and Interpretation of Ancient Artifacts
- The Presidential Panel
Please see the webpage for additional details: http://associationofancienthistorians.org/aah2019/call.html