Ancient Greek Literature
Eligibility: UK/EU/International graduates with the required entry requirements
Funding details: Bursary plus tuition fees (UK/EU/International)
Duration: Full-time – for a maximum of four years, or Part-time - for a maximum of six years
Application deadline: 15th January 2021
Interview dates: Will be confirmed to shortlisted candidates
Start date: September 2021. Please note that May 2021 is also potentially available if preferred - subject to discussion and agreement
For enquiries, please contact Professor Judith Mossman
Coventry University is inviting applications from suitably qualified graduates for a fully funded PhD studentship.
Applications are invited for a fully funded PhD studentship, either full or part-time, in Ancient Greek literature.
- Greek lyric
- Greek drama
- Hellenistic poetry
- Greek literature under the Roman Empire
- Gender and women in antiquity
- The history of classical scholarship
This is a fully-funded PhD studentship, including:
- Full tuition fees
Training and Development
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive research training including technical, personal and professional skills.
All researchers at Coventry University (from PhD to Professor) are part of the Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development, which provides support with high-quality training and career development activities.
- A minimum of a 2:1 first degree in a relevant discipline/subject area with a minimum 60% mark in the project element or equivalent with a minimum 60% overall module average.
- The potential to engage in innovative research and to complete the PhD within a 3.5 years
- A minimum of English language proficiency (IELTS overall minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component)
How to apply
- Full supporting documentation
- Cover letter
- A research proposal based within the selected theme/area of approx 3000 words