The Art and Art History department at Occidental College invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor appointment to begin August 2021. The position is for three years. We welcome applications from candidates who demonstrate dedication to teaching excellence with a focus on the art, architecture and visual culture of the Mediterranean World (pre-1800), with a transcultural emphasis that spans Europe, Asia, and North Africa.
Teaching responsibilities will be six courses (3-3), including:
1. Introduction to Early European Art
2. Two sections of Cultural Sturies Program first-year writing seminar (topic of your choice)
3. Three additional courses in areas of the candidate's interest
Occidental College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Occidental College is committed to academic excellence in a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from candidates committed to the College’s mission of equity and excellence. All non-tenure track faculty are represented by the Service Employees International Union, Local 721 for Non-Tenure Track Faculty.
To apply, please email the following materials to email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Evidence of teaching excellence
- Finalists will be asked to submit two letters of recommendation