A new membership category of the Society for Classical Studies
Are you enthusiastic about the study and enjoyment of the ancient world? Would you like to share engaging discussions of the cultures of ancient Greece and Rome? The Society for Classical Studies (SCS) has created a new Friends of Classics membership category for anyone interested in exploring the world of classics and supporting our efforts to distribute and advance knowledge of the ancient world through outreach activities and the development of research tools.
If you are not a professional classicist but would like to have exclusive benefits and share in the activities of the SCS, the Friends of Classics membership category is for you.
Benefits of Membership
- The reduced member registration rate at the SCS’s joint annual meeting with the Archaeological Institute of America each January
- Regular e-mail announcements and a subscription to the SCS Newsletter, providing insider information about developments in the profession of classics
- Participation in SCS blogs on many topics of general interest
- Access to the online version of the SCS scholarly journal, TAPA, through Project Muse and to the SCS’s online Directory of Members.
- The right to subscribe as an individual to the ACLS Humanities E-book Series
- A “members only” section of the SCS web site offering a variety of discounts on publications and resources
It is possible to give Friends memberships as gifts. By completing this special form and sending it to Johns Hopkins Press with a $35 payment you will give a Friends membership.
Or write to