For the full 2023 election slate, go here.
The Society has again retained Vote-Now to conduct its election of officers, directors, and committee members. In August, Vote-Now will send instructions for voting in this election to all SCS members in good standing for 2023. Members for whom we have a valid e-mail address will receive their instructions via e-mail; all others will receive instructions via first-class mail. Regardless of the method of notification, all members will once again have the option to vote online or to use a paper ballot. The deadline for receipt of paper ballots will be the close of business on September 20, 2023. Online balloting will close at 3:00 a.m. Eastern time on September 22, 2023.
Several documents relevant to the election are posted here. Please note that there is a referendum item that involves changes to the Society's Statement on Professional Ethics. As specified in the text of the statement itself, changes must be approved by the SCS membership.
- a sample ballot (pdf)
- complete set of candidate statements
- brief descriptions of the functions of SCS officers, directors, and committee members
- the current list of officers, directors, and committee members
- Elected officers, directors, and committee members retiring and continuing
- a description of SCS's method of tabulating preferential ballots
- Proposed revisions to the Statement on Professional Ethics