- The President's Award of the Society for Classical Studies, established to honor an individual, group, or organization outside of the Classics profession that has made significant contributions to advancing public appreciation and awareness of Classical antiquity.
- The Charles J. Goodwin Award of Merit, named in honor of a long-time member and generous benefactor of the Society for Classical Studies, is the only honor for scholarly achievement given by the Association
- Distinguished Service Awards, which acknowledge extraordinary service to the profession of classics and the Society for Classical Studies.
- SCS Awards for Excellence in Teaching at the College Level, to give special and public expression to the SCS's commitment to honor and foster excellence in the teaching of the Classics.
- SCS Awards for Excellence in Teaching at the Precollegiate Level, open to teachers, full- or part-time, of grades K-12 in schools in the United States and Canada who at the time of the application teach at least one class of Latin, Greek, or classics at the K-12 level.
- The SCS Outreach Prize recognizes outstanding projects or events by an SCS member or members that make an aspect of classical antiquity available and attractive to an audience other than classics scholars or students in their courses.