[Approved by the SCS Communications Committee and the SCS Board on January 5, 2017]
- No content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
- No content that aims to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others, or violate their legal rights.
- No posting confidential information such as internal workings or financials.
- No posting illegal, obscene, defamatory, discriminatory, or threatening content.
- SCS staff and Communications Committee members reserve the right to edit or remove posts.
- In the event of a factual error or violation of these guidelines, prompt and appropriate edits must be made to the original post, and a retraction must be published.
- Avoid self-promotion and all potential conflicts of interest:
- At all times and in every case, those who post must make any organizational/professional affiliations clear when posting about those affiliations.
- When posting any kind of review- or endorsement-like content about a particular product, service, or tool, those who post must disclose their relationship to said product, service, or tool, even if they do not stand to make a profit.
- No member of any SCS committee with permission to post on the website or social media outlets can post any announcement or content about his or her own university or project while representing the SCS.
- They can (and are encouraged to) post this sort of content through their own personal accounts, and solicit the SCS that this content be posted on their behalf.
The sharing of links by the SCS does not imply endorsement by the organization of the views expressed there.