How to Join
- Join the SCS. Use this online form to become a member or complete this printable pdf form and send by regular mail or FAX.
- Do you represent a department? Consider a departmental membership.
- Or, you can become a Friend of Classics.
Benefits of Membership
- Subscription to TAPA and access to TAPA online in Project Muse.
- Monthly newsletters containing information about Society activities as well as other programs and funding opportunities of interest to Classicists
- 25% discount on Classics titles from Oxford University Press
- 30% discount on subscription to the Oxford Classical Dictionary
- 50% discount on JPASS from JSTOR (access to over 2,000+ journals)
- Reduced registration rates for the joint annual meeting with AIA and free subscription to the SCS Placement Service, which provides the most comprehensive listing of positions available in the field
- The opportunity to submit abstracts for and make presentations in SCS sessions during the Joint AIA/SCS Annual Meeting
- Eligibility for consideration for SCS awards for outstanding scholarship and public programs in Classics
- Opportunities to serve on SCS boards and committees and make an impact on the field of Classic
Current members can access discount codes / links from the For Members Only page (log in required)
Current member Information
- Membership Login
- Retrieve your member number
- Renew your membership online
- Change your email address and / or email address in your Profile on the JHUP site.
- Submit others changes and queries to the Johns Hopkins University Press
Society for Classical Studies Membership Services
Johns Hopkins University PressJournals Division
P. O. Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211-0966
Telephone (U.S. and Canada only): 800-548-1784; (other countries): 410-516-6987
The Johns Hopkins University Press (JHUP) which manages our membership database has recently upgraded the online payment mechanism it uses to collect dues. This upgrade requires users to log in to the JHUP system before entering credit card information. New members will need to create an account that they can subsequently use to gain access to resources that JHUP maintains for us such as our directory of members and issues of TAPA in Project Muse. If returning members created an account on the JHUP site in the past, they should not create a new one. The log-in page to the JHUP system contains links that returning members can use to retrieve a password or username and thus determine whether they have already created an account.
JHUP staff will be happy to help members encountering any difficulty with their accounts. Staff can be reached in the following ways:
- Telephone: 800-548-1784 (U.S. and Canada only); 410-516-6987 (other countries)
- FAX: 410-516-3866
- E-mail: mailto:email@example.com
If you call JHUP and reach an answering machine, be sure to leave a message that includes a suggested time to call you back. This will enable staff to follow up with you as soon as they can.