A new membership category of the Society for Classical Studies
Are you a teacher in grades K-12 who wants to keep up with scholarly discussion of the cultures of ancient Greece and Rome? SCS has always welcomed precollegiate teachers as regular members and will continue to do so, but we have created this new membership category for teachers who are interested in exploring the world of classics and supporting our efforts to distribute and advance knowledge of the ancient world but who do not need to use our placement service or make presentations at our annual meeting.
If you would like to have exclusive benefits and share in the activities of the SCS, the Associate Membership category is for you.
Benefits of Membership
- The reduced member registration rate at the SCS’s joint annual meeting with the Archaeological Institute of America each January
- Regular e-mail announcements and a subscription to the SCS Newsletter, providing insider information about developments in the profession of classics
- Participation in SCS blogs on many topics of general interest
- Access to the online version of the SCS scholarly journal, TAPA, through Project Muse and to the SCS’s online Directory of Members.
- The right to subscribe as an individual to the ACLS Humanities E-book Series
- A “members only” section of the SCS web site offering a variety of discounts on publications and resources