About the AMS
The American Musicological Society, founded in 1934, is dedicated to advancing research into the various fields of music. To fulfill its mission, the Society maintains a broad array of programs, including membership, grants, fellowships, awards, publications, and events.
The Communications and Programs Coordinator is a key member of the AMS staff and will help ensure effective communications and constituent support for the Society. This job provides substantial opportunity to interact with AMS members and volunteers and will help drive membership and growth by strengthening organizational outreach and program management.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and have excellent writing skills; experience updating and maintaining websites; and the ability to work quickly and independently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the Society’s websites, including associated sites for MusicologyNow and the Journal of Music History Pedagogy
- Draft and design the Society’s monthly e-newsletter
- Update and manage the Society’s listservs
- Provide customer service and communications support for members and constituents
- Provide administrative support as needed for the management of the Society’s programs and events
- Help manage the Society’s social media accounts to maximize reach and constituent participation
- Monitor and report on the success of the Society’s communications, social media, and other outreach efforts
- Serve as an integral member of a small staff, contributing ideas and energy to advance the Society’s mission
- Other tasks as required
- Commitment to the Society’s mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to problem solve and work independently
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Wordpress, Google Analytics, and most common office technologies
Preference will be given to those with nonprofit experience and/or a demonstrated interest in music/musicology and the humanities. Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time position, with benefits. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. For the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be entirely remote; afterwards, the position will be partially remote and partially in-office.
How To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: Applicants must live in NYC/tri-state region, and be able to convert to working in-office part-time after the COVID-19 crisis has passed.) Application review will begin after May 15, 2020.