The American School of Classical Studies at Athens is seeking a Digital Humanities Project Assistant to work closely with senior staff in Athens to prepare the public release of a program that was originally developed at the excavations of the Athenian Agora for annotating the field notebooks. It is now being adapted and updated for more general use. The Digital Humanities Project Assistant will be responsible for communicating regularly with users of the program, collecting feedback, annotating new collections, producing content for the program’s website, and writing technical documentation. The position is full-time temporary, ending August 31, 2021, with possibility for continuation. Working remotely is possible but working locally at the School in Greece is preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
Digital Humanities Project Assistant applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Fluency in English; preferably some reading ability in modern Greek.
- Familiarity with archaeological research and terminology.
- English technical-writing skills. Expertise in documentation writing, editing, or publishing is preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computer programs. Experience with digital humanities projects, database design, metadata schemas, and scripting languages preferred.
- Ability to read cursive handwriting in English quickly and accurately, and ability to type transcriptions from scanned, archival documents.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Applications including a letter of intent, a résumé, an English language writing sample, and the names and contact information of at least two references, can be submitted to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The ASCSA is an EEO/AA employer. The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment.