Purpose and Structure - Over 500 scholars globally will gather to present papers and engage in progressive discussion on the Linguistic Anthropology, Language and Society, and related fields, of The Mediterranean and Europe. The COMELA is fully Non-Profit, where all publishing with the JOMELA (its scholarly journal) is free, as the COMELA refuses to implement a pay to publish system. The COMELA sources funding/grants to assist people in impeded economic positions, who require funding to access the COMELA Conference, and display strong ability in their work. COMELA proceedings will be indexed with SCOPUS and will contribute to ranked and cited publications for all those accepted to present, as well as publishing papers in Top Tier Journal Publication Special Issues.
Location - American University of Greece, Athens, Greece
Date - September 2-5, 2020
Theme - Bounded languages ... Unbounded, a theme highly pertinent to Mediterranean and European
Keynote and Plenary Speakers - Jan Blommaert and other prominent Keynote Speakers
- Taylor and Francis Global Publishers (Official Partners)
- SOAS, University of London
- University College London
- Over 120 academic institutions globally (University of Hawai'i, Temple University, University of Illinois University, Montclair State University, Ohio State University, University College Dublin, Stockholm University, and so forth)
- Scientific Committee of over 120 academics globally prominent in Linguistic Anthropology and related fields
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS OPENS - June 1, 2019
Publications - Several Special (Top-Tier/Scopus/ISI/ACHI/
Abstract Submissions - The Call for Abstracts is now open, at the following link, with all information. https://
Anthropological Excursion - Attica, Greece (final day) - Several options to select from.