Seneca 2022 --- SPECIAL/FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline for proposals: March 30, 2022
The Centre for Classical Studies of the School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon is organizing an International Conference on Seneca to promote and encourage a critical reflection on the permanence of themes, values, perspectives and representations of Seneca’s works in Western literature and culture.
The Conference will take place between 17-20 October 2022, and, through the interdisciplinary debate of the contribution given by the experiences of researchers from different fields of study, it aims to:
- determine how Seneca became one of the most prominent figures in Western culture;
- consider, examine and reflect on our current knowledge about Seneca, his life and works;
- explore new study angles and what remains to be said about Seneca in the Twenty-First Century, in light of the renewed interest shown in his works.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
Alessandro Schiesaro (University of Manchester)
António de Castro Caeiro (Nova University Lisbon)
Catharine Edwards (University of London)
Chiara Torre (University of Milan)
Gareth David Williams (Columbia University)
Gottfried Mader (University of London)
Jean-Christophe Courtil (University of Toulouse)
Jesús Luque Moreno (University of Granada)
José Pedro Serra (University of Lisbon)
Paulo Sérgio Ferreira (University of Coimbra)
Shadi Bartsch-Zimmer (University of Chicago)
The Conference will include plenary lectures by Keynote Speakers and thematic sessions for registered delegates.
The working language is English.
- individual proposals for a 20-minute paper (up to 250 words);
- joint proposals for thematic panels consisting of 3 papers (up to 250 words per paper).
Please include the following information in your proposal:
- the full title of your paper/of your panel and respective papers;
- abstract (up to 250 words per paper);
- a short biographical note (up to 100 words).
SPECIAL/FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS (only for proposals not yet accepted and confirmed)
• Deadline for proposals: March 30, 2022
• Notification of acceptance: April 7, 2022
• Please submit your proposal by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fee: 150 Euros
- Masters or PhD candidates fee: 90 Euros
- Attendees fee: 25 Euros
Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/Seneca2022