THE CLEVELAND ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY FIELD SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
CAS is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for our new summer archaeological field school scholarship program. Applications are due no later than April 1, 2023.
The Cleveland Archaeological Society Field School Scholarship provides up to $5000 for one or more Northeast Ohio students per year to participate in an archaeological field school. The goal of the scholarship is to make archaeological field school financially accessible for students from Northeast Ohio colleges and universities who would otherwise not be able to participate in these experiences. Students may use the funds to attend any field school anywhere in the world for any length of time. Funds may be used for program fees, tuition, airfare, housing, meals, equipment, etc. Preference will be given to undergraduate students, but graduate students may also apply. NO PREVIOUS ARCHAEOLOGICAL EXPERIENCE OR COURSEWORK IS NECESSARY TO APPLY.
- be enrolled in a college or university in Northeast Ohio
- have applied to at least one archaeological field school for summer 2023
- demonstrate financial need
- complete the online application form
*sample budgets for your application can be referenced here
- have one letter of recommendation in PDF sent by a faculty member at your current college or university directly to the CAS Field School Scholarship Committee at ClevelandArchaeological@gmail.com. Please make sure to send your recommender a link to the recommender instructions here. Your recommender should be able to speak to your interest in and enthusiasm for archaeology and any relevant background or experiences such as coursework or academic experiences in fields such as archaeology, anthropology, art history, history, etc.; general skills such as teamwork, analytical thinking, or responsibility in a work environment; or experience working outdoors, analyzing data, or living abroad or in a camp setting. Again, NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE is required to be eligible for this scholarship!