The Johns Hopkins University Press (JHUP) which manages our membership database has recently upgraded the online payment mechanism it uses to collect dues. This upgrade requires users to log in to the JHUP system before entering credit card information. New members will need to create an account that they can subsequently use to gain access to resources that JHUP maintains for us such as our directory of members and issues of TAPA in Project Muse. If returning members created an account on the JHUP site in the past, they should not create a new one. The log-in page to the JHUP system contains links that returning members can use to retrieve a password or username and thus determine whether they have already created an account.
JHUP staff will be happy to help members encountering any difficulty with their accounts. Staff can be reached in the following ways:
- Telephone: 800-548-1784 (U.S. and Canada only); 410-516-6987 (other countries)
- FAX: 410-516-6968
- E-mail: mailto:email@example.com
If you call JHUP and reach an answering machine, be sure to leave a message. This will enable staff to follow up with you as soon as they can.
Important Note: It is still necessary to create separate accounts for the following four web sites available to SCS members:
- the “members only” site maintained by JHUP (http://apa.press.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/access.cgi)
- the Society’s main web site (www.classicalstudies.org)
- the annual meeting program submission site (http://program.apaclassics.org/)
- the placement site (https://placement.apaclassics.org/)
Members can, if they wish, use the same credentials on each of the four sites, but must establish accounts that recognize those credentials on each site. By this summer, only two accounts will be needed (the JHUP site and the main SCS site); we appreciate members’ patience in the interim.
The annual meeting program submission site is not yet open, but will be available before the end of February.