The Academy Vivarium Novum is offering four full tuition scholarships for high school students of the European Union (16-18 years old) and five full tuition scholarships for University students (18-24 years old) of any part of the world. The scholarships will cover all of the costs of room, board, teaching and didactic materials for courses to be held from January 10, 2011 until June 16, 2012 on the grounds of the Academy’s campus at Rome (Via Corrado Barbagallo, 20).
Application letters must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5th in order to receive consideration.
A good knowledge of the fundamental of Latin and Greek is required (students must have covered at least the contents of the first 20 chapters of Ørberg’s Familia Romana and of the first 7 chapters of Balme’s and Lawall’s Athenaze).
The courses will be as follows:
- Latin language (fundamental and advanced)
- Greek language (fundamental and advanced)
- Latin composition
- Roman History
- Ancient Latin literature
- History of ancient Philosophy
- Renaissance and Neo-Latin literature
- Latin and Greek music and poetry
- Classics reading seminars
The goal is to achieve a perfect command of both Latin and Greek through a total immersion in the two languages. All the classes will be conducted in Latin, except for Greek classes which will be conducted in Greek.
In the letter the prospective student should indicate the following:
- Full name;
- Date and location of birth;
- What school you currently attend;
- How long you have studied Latin and/or Greek;
- Which authors and works you have read;
- Other studies and primary interests outside of school.
In addition, please attach a recent passport/ID photograph.
For more information about the Academy, you may visit the website www.vivariumnovum.net.Accademia Vivarium novum
Via Corrado Barbagallo 20
Tel. 06.6689034 - 06.66589833