For the full 2021 election slate, go here.
The Society has again retained Vote-Now to conduct its election of officers, directors, and committee members. In August Vote-Now will send instructions for voting in this election to all SCS members in good standing for 2021. Members for whom we have a valid e-mail address will receive their instructions via e-mail; all others will receive instructions via first-class mail. Regardless of the method of notification, all members will once again have the option to vote online or to use a paper ballot. The deadline for receipt of paper ballots will be the close of business on September 16, 2021. Online balloting will close at 3:00 a.m. Eastern time on September 18, 2021.
Several documents relevant to the election are posted here. Please note that there are referendum items this year on proposed bylaws changes that would result in three appointed, non-voting board positions becoming elected, voting positions as of the 2022 election cycle.
- a sample ballot (pdf)
- complete set of candidate statements
- brief descriptions of the functions of SCS officers, directors, and committee members
- the current list of officers, directors, and committee members
- Elected officers, directors, and commitee members retiring and continuing.
- a description of SCS's method of tabulating preferential ballots
- Referendum items
June 24, 2021