For the full 2018 election slate, go here.
The Society has again retained Vote-Now to conduct its election of officers, directors, and committee members. In August Vote-Now will send instructions for voting in this election to all SCS members in good standing for 2018. Members for whom we have a valid e-mail address will receive their instructions via e-mail; all others will receive instructions via first-class mail. Regardless of the method of notification, all members will once again have the option to vote online or to use a paper ballot. The deadline for receipt of paper ballots will be the close of business on September 14, 2018. Online balloting will close at 3:00 a.m. Eastern time on September 18, 2018.
The online ballot will contain links to the election statements of individual candidates and to a proposed amendment to the text of the SCS Statement on Professional Ethics on research on and publication of artifacts of unknown or dubious provenance. This proposed amendment results from the work of an ad hoc task force led by Roger Bagnall in 2017.
Several documents relevant to the election are posted here.
- a sample ballot (pdf)
- the complete set of candidate statements
- the amendment to the Professional Ethics statement
- brief descriptions of the functions of SCS officers, directors, and committee members
- the current list of officers, directors, and committee members
- the list of elected officers and committee members continuing and retiring in January 2019
- a description of the SCS’s method for tabulating preferential ballots (pdf)
June 25, 2018