For the full 2022 election slate, go here.
The Society has again retained Vote-Now to conduct its election of officers, directors, and committee members. In August, Vote-Now will send instructions for voting in this election to all SCS members in good standing for 2022. Members for whom we have a valid e-mail address will receive their instructions via e-mail; all others will receive instructions via first-class mail. Regardless of the method of notification, all members will once again have the option to vote online or to use a paper ballot. The deadline for receipt of paper ballots will be the close of business on September 16, 2022. Online balloting will close at 3:00 a.m. Eastern time on September 19, 2022.
Several documents relevant to the election are posted here. Please note that: (1) in accordance with the referendum in 2021, there are now three new elected board positions on this ballot (graduate student director, contingent faculty director, and director with special responsibilty for equity); and (2) there are no referendum items in 2022.
- a sample ballot (pdf)
- complete set of candidate statements
- brief descriptions of the functions of SCS officers, directors, and committee members
- the current list of officers, directors, and committee members
- Elected officers, directors, and commitee members retiring and continuing
- a description of SCS's method of tabulating preferential ballots
July 7, 2022