For over a century, the SCS has produced several series of scholarly books and texts and its journal, TAPA (formerly Transactions of the American Philological Association). Click through the links below to learn more about the SCS's publications. In addition, as part of the Sesquicentennial celebrations, SCS has prepared a new resource on the history of book publications at SCS, formerly APA.
The SCS is currently studying the possibilities for moving from print to digital publication, which is becoming increasingly important in the scholarly world. At the moment, the Digital Latin Library is the main vehicle for these efforts. With this aim in view, we are no longer accepting new proposals for monographs or textbooks.
- SCS Blog
- SCS Monographs, Textbooks, and Editions
- SCS Newsletter (1999-2012)
- SCS Newsletters (from May 2017, see our Members Only page)
- GreekKeys 2015 SoftwareNew, November 2015
- Presidential Talks delivered at Annual Meetings
- Library of Digital Latin Texts Description and Call for Submissions
The SCS Office also produces a number of publications, including:
- YouTube Channel
- The Graduate Guide: a list of graduate programs in Classics (web page only)
- Twelve African American Members of the Society for Classical Studies: The First Five Decades (1875-1925), (pdf download and available in print)
- Careers for Classicists: Undergraduate Edition (html version, print also available)
- Careers for Classicists: Graduate Student Edition, (html version available, with pdf and print version coming soon)
- Programs and Abstracts for the Joint Annual Meeting (2019)
Download the order form (pdf) to purchase these publications.