The division supervises all data collection for the SCS. CSWMG is no longer a committee of SCS. It's successor, the Committee on Gender and Sexuality in the Profession, works with the SCS office on data collection efforts. SCS collects data about the hiring and placement every year. The departmental census, first issued in Fall 2014, will be issued every three years. Results of the Fall 2017 census will be published in Spring 2018.
The following historical reports and supporting documentation are currently available:
- CSWMG Report on 2003-2004 Department Survey and its Accompanying Tables and Figures
- Faculty and Curricula
- Classical Journals
Placement and Hiring
- 2000-2001 Placement Report of the CSWMG
- 2000-2001 Report of the Committee on Placement
- 2001-2002 Placement Report of the CSWMG
- 2001-2002 Report of the Joint Committee on Placement
- 2002-2003 Placement Report of the CSWMG
- 2002-2003 Report of the Joint Committee on Placement
- 2003-2004 Report of the Joint Committee on Placement
- Cumulative Placement Report of the CSWMG (2000-2004)
- CSWMG Tables for 2007, 2008, and 2009
- Participation in Placement Service: 2003-2015Updated Dec. 14, 2015
- Report of Placement Committee - January 2014 (includes results of a survey of institutions that conducted job interviews at the annual meetings in 2009 through 2013)
- Placement Service Data (2015-2016 academic year) [.zip file]
- Placement Service Report (2016-2017 academic year) [.zip file]
- The web site of the Humanities Indicators Project of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences offers data relevant to a number of issues in the humanities. In September 2014 the Academy posted results of its survey of humanities departments for the 2012-2013 academic year. For the first time that survey included departments in classical studies.
- In Fall 2014 the SCS conducted its own census of enrollments and staffing in college and university departments where classics is taught in North America. See the preliminary results of that census here.